What are the Best Ways to Sterilize a Toothbrush?
We would like to talk about the best way to sterilize a toothbrush. And this is important because bacteria can build up on your tooth brush which could lead to sickness. So it’s good practice for you and other people in your household. A lot of toothbrushes come with a base that has its own brush-cleaning compartment, which can be filled with mouthwash or even water.
Why should you sterilize your toothbrush?
It’s very important to keep your toothbrush clean. If you don’t, there’s a possibility that it will start growing bacteria inside of it which can lead to tooth decay. Keeping your toothbrush clean and sterilized is the best way to ensure you’re not putting yourself at risk. Navigate to this website to find out a full article about sterilize your toothbrush.
Best way to sterilize toothbrush
Using mouthwash: The best way to sterilize your toothbrush is by using mouthwash or water in your toothbrush holder. This is because other solutions can corrode the brush heads.
- UV sanitizer: The UV sanitizer is a good choice if you want your toothbrush to be disinfected and stored in one go. You can put your toothbrush in the mouthwash compartment of the holder and use the UV light to clean the brush.
- Boiling: Boiling is considered as one of the best ways to kill all germs that are living on the toothbrush.
- Vinegar: If you don’t have mouthwash or a UV sanitizer at home, then you can use vinegar to disinfect the brush. This works by killing the bacteria that has built up on the toothbrush.
- Steam: The steam sterilizer is a bag-like gadget that you fill with water and then put your toothbrush into, letting it get sterilized from steam. It is a portable and efficient method to kill germs on your toothbrush.
- Microwave: Microwaving your toothbrush for 1–2 minutes can also sterilize it effectively. However, make sure that the standard plastic cover is removed from the brush before you do this to avoid causing damage to the bristles of the brush.
- Other ways: There are other ways to clean your toothbrush without using a gadget. For example, you can soak your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide for 20 minutes every week. Lemon juice and grapefruit seed extract can also be used to clean the brush from any bacteria that could have built up.
Why a toothbrush holder is a good idea?
If you don’t have a toothbrush holder, you should definitely consider getting one. Toothbrush holders are specially designed to clean your toothbrush while also keeping it upright and off the sink. This prevents bacteria from starting to grow anywhere on the bristles which can lead to tooth decay. That’s why getting a toothbrush holder is the best way to ensure that your teeth are healthy and clean.
How you can make sure your tooth brush stays clean?
Cleaning your toothbrush is very easy, but it takes some diligence on your part. Every time you use your toothbrush, make sure to rinse it thoroughly with running water. You should also go over the bristles with your fingers to make sure there isn’t any leftover toothpaste on them and brush away any debris like food particles that may be in between the bristles. After you’ve finished brushing, you can use mouthwash or even a cleaning solution specific for your toothbrush if you like.
it is important to keep your toothbrush clean and sterilized. It’s recommended that you use a brush holder or cleaning base if possible as they will protect the bristles from damage. If not, make sure to thoroughly wash your toothbrush before using it again with water and soap.